Practicing Professionals Certificate
Outline and Purpose
The Practicing Professionals Certificate in Cooperation and Conflict Resolution is designed to prepare professionals from a wide variety of fields to analyze, address, and manage conflict effectively and professionally. The program consists of 16 units of non-credit coursework and is geared to those students who are not seeking a transcripted certificate, but who want to gain the knowledge and experience required for success in the field of conflict resolution at a lower cost than our for-credit certificate. Upon completion of the requirements, participants will receive the MD-ICCCR Cooperation and Conflict Resolution Certificate of Completion.
We also welcome you to take any of these non-credit courses on an à la carte basis.
Sequence of courses for the Practicing Professionals Certificate:
- Adaptive Negotiation & Conflict Resolution promotes negotiation, understanding, and adaptivity across negotiation situations and introduces students to key concepts and frameworks in negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Effective Mediation: Standard & Adaptive Practices focuses on learning the conditions under which mediation is most effective, appropriate and feasible; identify basic differences in the task versus relationship nature of the cases presented; and employ strategies that are fitting and conducive to mediating a variety of cases.
- Fundamentals of Cooperation & Conflict Resolution presents a comprehensive review of the major theories and research in conflict resolution, both historical and current
- Conflict Resolution: Advanced Methods for Identity and Intergroup Conflict delves deeper into the nuances of conflict and conflict resolution, especially as they relate to identity and intergroup conflict. Students also learn about and practice more complex models of third-party interventions, such as multi-party mediations.
- The Organizational Internship focuses on implementing conflict resolution knowledge and skill through a semester-long internship at an organization within the MD-ICCCR network.
- In addition to these five required core courses, students choose an elective from the wide array of Center offerings.
To request more information on the Practicing Professionals Certificate or to register for any of these non-credit courses, please contact us HERE